Friday 28 May 2010

4 fun friday: Southeast Botanical Garden in Chibana, Okinawa City, Okinawa

Just 4 fun fridays is about having fun and growing as a photographer. Some post will be about adventures to Okinawa locations or mastering a new technique. Either way I'm giving myself the freedom to grow and risk as I experiment with the camera. Thank you for joining me on this journey. I appreciate your company =)


I was actually concerned that this 4 fun friday was going to be canceled on the count of rain. Fortunately luck was with us this morning. The rain held off and we ventured over to the Southeast Botanical Garden. I can't believe that it took this long for me to discover this little bit of Eden. I love flowers and there were flowers and colors bursting everywhere. There are koi ponds, a small children's play area, snack/drink vendor and the Botanika Garden Restaurant located on the property.  The Botanika Garden Restaurant serves a lunch Buffet from 11 am to 14:30. Due to the children's early release from school today I was limited on time but I did have fun taking the photographs found here. I plan on going back when I'm not limited in time to capture the images of the beauty and tranquility of the Southeast Botanical Gardens.  


Go visit the Southeast Botanical Gardens this June to view the Lotus Festival Friday. There will be approximately 1,000 blooms. Not only are they beautiful but you will enjoy their sweet fragrance.


Interested in learning more about Southeast Botanical Garden's flowers and insects? Read their blog written by the curator Shoichi Higa. 


After visiting the garden take a moment to see Kurashiki Dam. Which is located down the street. 


Southeast Botanical Garden:
open 7 days a week from 9 am to 5 pm.


Admission to the park
10,000Y  Adults: High School or older
300Y for children: 3 yrs old to Junior High School.


Directions to Southeast Botanical Gardens:


The map on the website is the best for directions. 


From Kadena, go straight out Gate 3. 


Pass Chibana housing (on right) and Camp Shields (on left) 


Follow the signs and you will be there within 10 minutes. 



Tropical Water Lilly: introduced last July to the garden
Mr Martin E · Randig Nymphaea 'Mr.MERandig'
Nymphaeaceae garden variety

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rising Sun Memories
CoffeeShop Designs