Monday 6 June 2011

Okinawa Military Family Photographer- Soldier's Angel


I am a soldier in their army
They are the soldiers of my heart.
I try to make them smile again~
Though it tears me apart.
Their bravery leaves me spellbound;
I try to be a small part`
Of bringing them back again~
They are the soldier of my heart.
-Stevie Nicks





"The Yellow Ribbon Fund was created in 2005 to assist our injured service members and their families while they recuperate at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center and the National Naval Medical Center. Our mission began when the father of an injured Marine introduced two of our volunteers to staff at Walter Reed and Bethesda Naval and they told us what needs were not met by other donors.
In five years contributors made through the Yellow Ribbon Fund have provided the following for injured service members and their families: over 1,100 free rental cars spanning 49,000 free rental car days: over 16,000 free taxi rides: over 7,300 free hotel room nights; and 46 families have used our four apartments for almost 6,000 nights; and hundreds of free tickets to sporting games, concerts and plays, and hundreds of lunches, dinners, golf games, duck and goose hunts, fishing trips, and other activities."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rising Sun Memories
CoffeeShop Designs