Thursday 9 December 2010

Okinawa Commercial Photographer - felt so sweet



I would like to introduce you to Mei Yee, the brilliant designer behind Felt So Sweet. I was very flattered when Mei Yee chose ME to do a product photography session. What is Felt So Sweet, you ask? It's a shop with the most luxurious wool blend felt, high quality ribbons and best of all, STAINLESS STEEL clips equalling a finely handmade hair accessories. Her designs are made for ladies and the precious princess in your life.

I was honored to do the commercial photography session for Mei Yee. It was a fun day and it ended over at Yogurtland which was a hit with the models =) A special thank you to the beautiful models, you made this session a success. Here's a sneak peek of what you'll see at Felt So Sweet.



Model - Tomoko Peters
Child Model - Kiki
Infant Model - Minori
Location - Mihama American Village, Okinawa Japan & Rising Sun Memories Studio




featuring mei yee of felt so sweet


tell us a little bit about you
I had always enjoyed art and craft when I was in school. I followed my passion and got into Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts in 1992, took a 3 years Graphic Design course. During this 3 years, I learned a lot about the principle of designs, colour combinations, commercial products design and also photography. I worked as a designer for many years until I decided to quit my job to start a family. Now I have 2 beautiful children, my elder son is 5 1/2 years old and my daughter is 2 1/2 years old. Having kids made my life complete and I always wanted the best for them.



how long have you been making hair accessories?

When I started buying hair clips for my daughter, I noticed that the hair clips that I can find in the local stores are very limited and I ordered some pretty ones from foreign websites but they all have a problem, the metal clips get rusty only after wearing it for a few times! I get so frustrated seeing those beautiful hair clips going to waste because it couldn’t be used anymore. I guess it cannot be avoided due to our humid weather in Singapore and those sweaty foreheads really speed up the rusting process! So that was how I decided to make my own hair clips, beautiful hair clips that are finely handmade with high quality felt and best of all, STAINLESS STEEL clips that will not get rusty.



your style?

The main material I used is felt. I love working with felt as it is very versatile, it can be easily moulded into shapes, it is colourful, it does not fray and it is very light in weight. You can hardly feel the weight even if it has been made into a big bunch of flowers.
I designed hair clips and headbands for infants through adults. My headbands are very versatile as the flowers are detachable and can be used as hair clips alone.




hopes for the future? (for business and life)

I hope to introduce and share my creations with more people and hope that they can enjoy every single piece of my creation too.
In life, I hope that I can continue to do what I love most - art and craft, for as long as I can!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rising Sun Memories
CoffeeShop Designs