Saturday 18 September 2010

Daily Snaps - early bird


Early Bird

Oh, if you're the early bird, be an early bird
And catch the worm for your breakfast plate.
If you're a bird, be an early early bird -
But if you're a worm, sleep late.

-Shel Silverstein





Yeah!!!
We have reached our first week of Daily Snaps. If this happens to be your first time reading a Daily Snap and would like to see more isolated observations into my life. Then start on day one with the Candyman post.


I would like to thank everyone that has been reading the Daily Snaps. Even though you haven't been leaving me any "blog love" I know you are out there =) I appreciate your support greatly and look forward to the day that you leave me comments and we can converse.


Today's Daily Snaps is going to hit two birds with one stone. Today was a early, early day. I was out the door at 0530 for a couples photography session. I was really happy for one it wasn't raining and two this was special for them because they are PCSing soon back to the states. While I was waiting for the couple to arrive I took the first picture. I love how the sun kisses the night goodbye with beautiful colors. The session started out great and then we hit a 5 second down pour that soaked us to the bone. Lucky for me this couple was very laid back and willing to have fun. So they changed into dry clothes and we finished a wonderful session. I hope that Kevin and Amy find lots of blessings on their new journey. It was a pleasure to have met them. 


The second and third picture were taken after the session. I love, love, love morning light. It's so soft and makes everything look so beautiful to me. Since it was still early, I was able to drive slowly thru the agricultural area of Yomitan. Then I saw a patch of yellow. I was so excited because I thought maybe just maybe it was a pumpkin patch!!!  I LOVE Okinawa but if there's one thing I don't like about being here is missing out on Autumn!  I love the fall time. I miss how you can smell it in the air, the crisp cold of the morning, the majestic show that nature gives us with the changing of the leaves, warm hot coco with marshmallows and snuggling out on our back porch when we lived on the lake. Sorry off on a tangent... so when I saw the flowers I thought PUMPKINS!! But the patch wasn't right next to the road I had to walk approx 10 to 15 feet to it. Which isn't bad but it's bad when you sink into the ground about 3 inches and have clay tennis shoes by the time you get out of there. Unfortunately, it wasn't pumpkins but Goyas aka bitter melon. They are still pretty and the flowers are too so I decided to share them. Needless to say by the time I got out of there I had to stomp my feet on the asphalt for a bit trying to get the clay off before getting into my funcargo. For those in the states a funcargo is a really cute vehicle made by Toyota. I love my car =) 


Okay that's it I'm done rambling on =)


Thank you again for joining me this week.
Sweet Dreams Okinawa and have a blessed day to the other side of the world!


It was great sitting here with you for a bit. I'll catch you tomorrow =)
Same time. Same place.


Here is today's SNEAK PEEK for Kevin and Amy! Thank you for such a great morning =)
Have a GREAT time during your last few weeks on Okinawa! Kevin, hope you get a chance to catch some waves =)      


Make sure to go say hello to Kristi and Jessica who are also doing a Photo-A-day Challenge. Leave us some blog love it always makes us smile!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the sandy pic! That is gorgeous, you talented lady! Love ya!

Post a Comment

 
© Rising Sun Memories
CoffeeShop Designs