Tuesday 1 February 2011

Okinawa Photographer - Daily Snaps- today is...


Sick

I can not go to school today
Said little Peggy Ann McKay.
I have the measles and the mumps,
A gash, a rash and purple bumps.
My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,
I'm going blind in my right eye.
My tonsils are as big as rocks,
I've counted sixteen chicken pox
And there's one more-that's seventeen,
And don't you think my face looks green?
My leg is cut - my eyes are blue-
It might be instamatic flu.
I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,
I'm sure that my my left leg is broke-
My hip hurts when I move my chin,
My belly button's caving in,
My back is wrenched, my ankle's sprained,
My 'pendix pains each time it rains.
My nose is cold, my toes are numb.
I have a silver in my thumb.
My neck is stiff, my voice is weak,
I hardly whisper when I speak.
My tongue is filling up my mouth,
I think my hair is falling out.
My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight,
My temperature is one-o-eight.
My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,
There is a hole inside my ear.
I have a hangnail, and my heart is - what?
What's that? What's that you say?
You say today is...Saturday?
G'bye, I'm going out to play!
- Shel Silverstein


Daily Snap -

I wish this poem were true about Typhoon Trio. Last 24 hours have been rough especially with lack of sleep. I was worried today because we were about to run out of fever reducer lucky there was some at the BX. The fever reducer and jello in the picture have been our must have items today at our home.
Pray that we have a restful night and that the fever breaks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rising Sun Memories
CoffeeShop Designs